Thirsty or Not?

"Are Americans drinking enough water?"

Posted by Dr. Colin Ross on May 10, 2023

America is one of the few countries on earth where our population does so much with water, (Water Parks for example), except drink enough of it. First and foremost, how much water should you drink on a daily basis?

Only your brain, kidneys and lungs working together can answer that question for you by causing a THIRST REFLEX when you need more water or a URINATION REFLEX when you drink too much water.

Keeping in mind this general understanding of drinking versus urinating applies when you dont have a disease state such as CHF, diabetes type 2 or prostate cancer.

photo of a hand holding a glass of water Photo by Manki Kim on Unsplash

Stop paying attention to people who have water intake guidelines who do not know if you live in the desert, a tropical climate or alaska.🙈 Dr. Ross loves to keep the science simple but always in line with true and basic physiology. Here is my triple "D" rule about "D"rinking water.

When you "D"rink too much water you can cause a state of "D"IABETES INSIPIDOUS in your body. (This is not good for your brain, lungs and kidneys). When you "D"rink too little water this produces "D"EHYDRATION. (This is not good for your brain, lungs and kidneys).

Drink, Diabetes insipidous and Dehydration the triple "D" rule. Listen to your THIRST reflex as to when you should drink water because your brain, kidney and lungs have been working together for a Long time.

Speaking of Diabetes type 2. Anyone who drinks water when thirsty after their AM drink of anything with breakfast, not only lost on average 35lbs of bodyweight over a 6 month time period, but 85% of the patients enrolled in the american and international trial found that thier A1C declined 3-5 points with many patients achieving an A1C of 6. I conducted and published the trial which you can read on my blog.😇

Drink when you feel THIRSTY because your brain, kidneys and lungs have been trying to keep you alive for a Long time.

photo of a man next to a water fountain Photo by Dr. Ross