Pocket Change

"How would you spend $698 million dollars in a year?"

Posted by Dr. Colin Ross on May 30, 2023

In 2022 alone, more than $698 million dollars was billed to medicare that paid for screening Vitamin D studies for patients who suffer from Alzheimer's disease to Zoonotic illnesses because low vitamin D levels are ASSOCIATED with so many diseases.

Although clinicians keep trying to balance vitamin d levels by manipulating an ASSOCIATION but not the CAUSATION of diseases A TO Z, all categories of "lifestyle based diseases" and "mental health diseases" have not only increased but exploded in less than 6 months of the year 2023 among AMERICANS.

That $698 Million dollars would have been better spent on providing Americans with more access to Registered Dieticians, Personal Trainers, Gym memberships, expanded access to mental health providers and all non-allopathic practitioners like Dr. "J" who saved my 3 herniated discs from the Orthopedic Surgeons knife.

photo of different currencies Photo by John McArthur on Unsplash

When Dr. "J" told me 15 years ago, "You are too fat, too sedentary and not flexible, so at RISE CHIROPRACTIC you will see the RD, personal trainer and me for the next 3 years to improve, not fix your low back pain." The comprehensive plan worked because we had a PLAN where PILLS and PROCEDURES were secondary to diet, effort and lifestyle changes.

So take this advice from the good Doctor. Vitamin D DEFICIENCY studies are ASSOCIATION STUDIES and not CAUSATION STUDIES. I could tell you a ton of physiological processes HIGH or LOW calcium levels CAUSE in the body which is the purpose of PTH, alpha hydroxylase and vitamin D, To keep those CALCIUM levels balanced by feedback inhibition of Vitamin D.

Do not be fooled by "studies" of association which is not the same as causation or soon you will hear; A study found that people who committed crimes at NIGHT were deficient in VITAMIN D. Treat the cause of disease and not the association of disease by spending that $698 million dollars treating causation.

photo of a man with change jar Photo by Dr. Ross