Dragon Breath

"How do you safely treat Acid reflux disease?"

Posted by Dr. Colin Ross on August 17, 2023

I should probably change the name of my non-profit organization to "I TOLD YOU SO", because we taught our clients over 10-30 years ago how to be healthy and not become part of today's medical news that involves long term side effects with the use of some common or popular medications.

Don't get me wrong, the use of medications has its necessary place in life, but the ABUSE of medications, even over the counter medications, does not. My non-profit organization starts with teaching our clients very basic scientific concepts to figure out the loooong term consequences of using a prescription drug when a client is looking to solve what is mainly a lifestyle problem without changing thier lifestyle.

photo of the sunset around a mountainous area Photo by Robert Lukeman on Unsplash

When it comes to that upset stomach of yours, it is vital that one understands how cranial nerve 10, Histamine 2, the parietal cell and proton pump work not only to produce the acid, sterilize your food, absorb B12 and even absorb that infamous vitamin D.

So here is just part of your homework for people who just love understanding the basics of how your body works instead of just attending lectures hearing people speak of their lofty credentials and getting paid quite well. Look up a molecule called "intrinsic factor" and why you need that acid in the right place (the stomach) to absorb vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 is used in the dorsal columns of your BRAIN and also in RED BLOOD CELLS to maintain balance, (brain), but help red blood cells carry OXYGEN to THE BRAIN, (energy).

So when the brain is slowly robbed of its substance,(dorsal coulumn), and OXYGEN, RBC dysfunction known as megaloblastic anemia, say over 5 years, a decrease of oxygen and substance in the brain can lead to forms of DEMENTIA, (loss of substance and energy).

infographic of a stomach Info-graphic provided by Dr. Ross from WebMD

I will leave the absorption of vitamin D and bone health for those who still believe chronic use of PPI'S help people avoid making lifestyle changes to their eating habits without long term consequences to figure out.

Info-graphic of physiology board review series Photo provided by Dr. Ross

Oh, my reference material comes from the "BORED review series 1947" —
My copy is laminated.😇
How do you safely treat Acid reflux disease?
Listen to my lecture titled "Dragon Breath"